Nº 6 2013 > ITU at a glance
ITU Telecom World 2013 to focus on challenging topics
Leading lights from government and industry will join forces at ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok from 19 to 22 November to explore the best and most beneficial ways to embrace change in a digital world.
"From the impact of big data or the changing competitive landscape to crucial debates on how world citizens can ensure their privacy in our digital world, the conversations at ITU Telecom World 2013 promise an in-depth exploration of the lasting impact of ICT industry change and how best to harness this for the benefit of our global society," says ITU Secretary-General Dr Hamadoun I. Touré.
Conversations taking place at ITU Telecom World 2013 will include:
- Regional leaders round table: Perspectives on changing business models, bringing together key regional players.
- The social and mobile app world – friend or foe: The impact of social media/mobile apps and what to expect next.
- Mobile technology and productivity in the enterprise: How can mobile apps be used to transform the way we do business?
- Internet of Things: The challenge of enabling future connectivity, with sound business goals and reliable platforms, for the benefit of all.
- The world of big data: How best to balance the needs of the individual within the global digital community. Whose rules apply to whom and what should stakeholders do differently?
Participant registration and media accreditation for the event are open.
For more information, please visit http://world2013.itu.int/